Sydney, NSW – Wednesday, May 24: South by Southwest (SXSW) Sydney 2023 today announces the latest in the growing line-up of speakers from around the world joining the conference at the new futurist event.
Alongside the Expo, networking parties, activations, Music, Games and Screen festivals, the SXSW Sydney Conference will platform the world’s leading speakers in their fields, delivering thought-provoking sessions at the multi-layered event in the Harbour City.
Amongst today’s list are leading speakers in advertising and marketing, Christian Juhl the Global CEO of world leading media investment company, Group M; and marketing legend, Roxy Young, the Chief Marketing & Consumer Experience Officer of Reddit.
“Also joining us is Ronald Akili, Founder of Bali’s renowned Potato Head as well as leading thinkers in generative AI and the technology space”, said Fenella Kernebone, SXSW Sydney Head of Conference Programming.
Joining the conference as Featured Speakers are local and global creatives and pioneers, including:
- Christian Juhl (Global CEO, Group M): passionate about making advertising work better for everyone and CEO of the world leading media investment company
- Genevieve Bell (ANU), renowned anthropologist, technologist, futurist and Director of the School of Cybernetics at the Australian National University, and a Vice President and Senior Fellow at Intel Corporation
- Jamila Gordon (Lumachain), a global tech executive included on BBC’s ‘100 Women’ list of women leading the way to ‘reinvent our society, culture and world’
- Mikaela Jade (Founder & CEO, Indigital Edutech); proud Cabrogal woman and recognised leader in the technology space
- Noelle Russell (Accenture), awarded technologist and champion for Data and AI literacy, Russell is the Global AI Solutions & Generative AI & LLM (Large Language Model) Industry Lead at Accenture, based in Miami
- Ronald Akili (Potato Head, Bali), entrepreneur operating at the forefront of the hospitality and creative fields, bringing Indonesian contemporary art, architecture and food to the global stage, with entertainment businesses in Singapore, Jakarta and Bali
- Roxy Young (Reddit), Global Chief Marketing Officer Reddit and the first Latinx female to join Reddit’s C-Suite, based in San Francisco
SXSW Sydney will see the Asia-Pacific’s pre-eminent creative industries come together across content pillars of Tech and Innovation, Gaming, Music, Screen and Culture within a stacked week-long program. To access what SXSW Sydney 2023 has to offer, you need a badge. SXSW Sydney 2023 Platinum and Industry badges are now available for purchase HERE.
Previously announced Keynote and Featured Speakers
Alongside the Session Select sessions announced last week, previously announced Keynote and Featured speakers include:
- Keynote Speaker and Futurist, Amy Webb – SXSW 2023 talk here
- Andrew Pask, Professor School of Biosciences University of Melbourne
- Ben Lamm, Founder and CEO Colossus – SXSW 2023 talk here
- Chris Lee, Chief A&R Officer and Former CEO, SM Entertainment (Sung-su Lee)
- Guy Kawasaki, Chief Evangelist, Canva
- Jack Reis, Co-Founder of Baidam Solutions
- Kyas Hepworth, Head of Screen NSW
- Larissa Behrendt, Professor University of Technology Sydney
- Manal Al-Sharif, Women’s Rights Activist
- Michael J. Biercuk, CEO & Founder Q-Ctrl
- Per Sundin, CEO Pophouse Entertainment
- Que Minh Luu, Director of Content Netflix (ANZ)
- Robyn Denholm, Chair of Technology Council of Australia
- Rohit Bhargava, Founder The Non-Obvious Company – SXSW 2023 talk here
- Sam Barlow, Game Director and Owner Half Mermaid
- Sean Miyashiro, Founder and CEO 88 Rising
- Sheila Nguyen, Head of Sustainability AUS and NZL at FIFA Women’s World Cup
- Sung-Eun Youn, Film Critic
- Tom Verrilli, Chief Product Officer of Twitch
- Yiying Lu, Adobe Global Creative Ambassador
- Yoomin Yang, Co-Founder and CEO WOW POINT
From Sunday, October 15 to Sunday, October 22, 2023, SXSW Sydney will see the Asia-Pacific’s pre-eminent creative industries come together across content pillars of Tech and Innovation, Gaming, Music, Screen and Culture within a stacked week-long program. To access what SXSW Sydney has to offer, you need a badge. Platinum and Industry badges are now available HERE.
How to attend SXSW Sydney 2023
A SXSW Sydney 2023 badge provides access to the week-long conference, expo, festivals and networking sessions, with each badge type granting varying levels of access. SXSW Sydney 2023 Platinum and Industry badges provide core access to more than 1,000 ground-breaking events and networking sessions with some of the world’s leading thinkers, performers and industry professionals, and are available for purchase now. Platinum badges secure the holder primary access to all programming, while Industry badges secure priority access to all conference events and industry-specific festivals, talks, workshops and parties. Learn more and buy your badge today at https://sxswsydney.com/.
Sydney is the leading connector to innovation and creativity in the Asia-Pacific; the events and theatre capital of the region, and ranks second in Asia for fin-tech development and sixth globally*. Further SXSW Sydney conference, festival, exhibition and event line-ups will be revealed across 2023, with opportunities to attend over 1000 sessions, screenings and performances, immersive activations, unforgettable parties and dynamic networking events across the city. This October, discover the unexpected ideas and diverse discussions SXSW Sydney makes possible when creative people come together.
IN COLLABORATION WITH THE NSW GOVERNMENT VIA DESTINATION NSW, TEG & SXSW®
OCTOBER 15 – 22, 2023
SYDNEY NSW, AUSTRALIA
SXSW SYDNEY 2023 MUSIC AND SCREEN FESTIVAL SUBMISSIONS ARE NOW OPEN, CLOSING 14 MAY 2023.
Famous for its sparkling harbour and golden beaches, Sydney is Australia’s most diverse and inclusive city and is home to a thriving arts and culture scene and buzzing 24-hour economy. As the gateway for international arrivals and major events capital of the Asia Pacific – there is no better city than Sydney to host SXSW’s next chapter. For more information on the host city of SXSW Sydney and things to see and do in Sydney, visit www.sydney.com. Share your favourite Sydney experiences on social media using @sydney #FeelNewSydney
SXSW SYDNEY, SOUTH BY SOUTHWEST SYDNEY and other SXSW, LLC marks used under license
We acknowledge the Gadigal people of the Eora Nation as the Traditional Custodians of this land we now call Sydney, where this event will take place. We pay our respects to Elders past, present and emerging for their continuing connection with cultural, spiritual and educational practices, and extend this respect to all Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Peoples. Always was, always will be.